The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for Aerial perspective
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
aerial \aerial\, Aerial \A*["e]"ri*al\, a. [L. a["e]rius. See
1. Of or pertaining to the air, or atmosphere; inhabiting or
frequenting the air; produced by or found in the air;
performed in the air; as, a["e]rial regions or currents;
the a["e]rial maneuvers of a fighter plane. "A["e]rial
spirits." --Milton. "A["e]rial voyages." --Darwin.
2. Consisting of air; resembling, or partaking of the nature
of air. Hence: Unsubstantial; unreal.
3. Rising aloft in air; high; lofty; as, a["e]rial spires.
4. Growing, forming, living, or existing in the air, as
opposed to growing or existing in earth or water, or
underground; as, a["e]rial rootlets, a["e]rial plants; the
aerial roots of a philodendron. --Gray.
5. Light as air; ethereal.
6. operating or operated overhead especially on elevated
cables. aerial conveyers for transporting raw materials
7. operating or moving in the air. an aerial cable car;
Aerial acid, carbonic acid. [Obs.] --Ure.
Aerial perspective. See Perspective.
Questions or comments about this site?