The DICT Development Group

Search for:
Search type:

Database copyright information
Server information
Wiki: Resources, links, and other information

2 definitions found
 for Foolscap
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :

  Foolscap \Fools"cap`\, n. [So called from the watermark of a
     fool's cap and bells used by old paper makers. See Fool's
     cap, under Fool.]
     A writing paper made in sheets, ordinarily 16 x 13 inches,
     and folded so as to make a page 13 x 8 inches. See Paper.
     [1913 Webster]

From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) :

      n 1: a size of paper used especially in Britain

Questions or comments about this site? Contact webmaster@dict.org