The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Front \Front\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fronted; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To oppose face to face; to oppose directly; to meet in a
You four shall front them in the narrow lane.
2. To appear before; to meet.
[Enid] daily fronted him
In some fresh splendor. --Tennyson.
3. To face toward; to have the front toward; to confront; as,
the house fronts the street.
And then suddenly front the changed reality. --J.
4. To stand opposed or opposite to, or over against as, his
house fronts the church.
5. To adorn in front; to supply a front to; as, to front a
house with marble; to front a head with laurel.
Yonder walls, that pertly front your town. --Shak.
Questions or comments about this site?