The DICT Development Group
2 definitions found
for Hack saw
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Hack \Hack\, n.
1. A notch; a cut. --Shak.
2. An implement for cutting a notch; a large pick used in
3. A hacking; a catch in speaking; a short, broken cough.
--Dr. H. More.
4. (Football) A kick on the shins, or a cut from a kick. --T.
5. (Computers) A clever computer program or routine within a
program to accomplish an objective in a non-obvious
6. (Computers) A quick and inelegant, though functional
solution to a programming problem.
7. A taxicab. [informal]
Hack saw, a handsaw having a narrow blade stretched in an
iron frame, for cutting metal.
From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) :
n 1: saw used with one hand for cutting metal [syn: hacksaw,
hack saw, metal saw]
Questions or comments about this site?