The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Incorporate \In*cor"po*rate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Incorporated; p. pr. & vb. n. Incorporating.]
1. To form into a body; to combine, as different ingredients,
into one consistent mass.
By your leaves, you shall not stay alone,
Till holy church incorporate two in one. --Shak.
2. To unite with a material body; to give a material form to;
The idolaters, who worshiped their images as gods,
supposed some spirit to be incorporated therein.
3. To unite with, or introduce into, a mass already formed;
as, to incorporate copper with silver; -- used with with
4. To unite intimately; to blend; to assimilate; to combine
into a structure or organization, whether material or
mental; as, to incorporate provinces into the realm; to
incorporate another's ideas into one's work.
The Romans did not subdue a country to put the
inhabitants to fire and sword, but to incorporate
them into their own community. --Addison.
5. To form into a legal body, or body politic; to constitute
into a corporation recognized by law, with special
functions, rights, duties and liabilities; as, to
incorporate a bank, a railroad company, a city or town,
Questions or comments about this site?