The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Ship \Ship\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Shipped; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To put on board of a ship, or vessel of any kind, for
transportation; to send by water.
The timber was . . . shipped in the bay of Attalia,
from whence it was by sea transported to Pelusium.
2. By extension, in commercial usage, to commit to any
conveyance for transportation to a distance; as, to ship
freight by railroad.
3. Hence, to send away; to get rid of. [Colloq.]
4. To engage or secure for service on board of a ship; as, to
5. To receive on board ship; as, to ship a sea.
6. To put in its place; as, to ship the tiller or rudder.
Questions or comments about this site?