The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for Topping lift
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Topping \Top"ping\, n.
1. The act of one who tops; the act of cutting off the top.
2. (Naut.) The act of raising one extremity of a spar higher
than the other.
3. pl. That which comes from hemp in the process of
4. (Angling) The tail of an artificial fly.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
5. something placed on top of another thing, such as a sauce
or garnish on food; as, a three-scoop banana split with
three different toppings; an ice-cream cone with chocolate
Topping lift (Naut.), a large, strong tackle employed to
raise or top the end of a gaff, or of a boom.
Questions or comments about this site?