The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for constitutional law
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
(k[o^]n`st[i^]*t[=u]"sh[u^]n*al), a. [Cf. F.
1. Belonging to, or inherent in, the constitution, or in the
structure of body or mind; as, a constitutional infirmity;
constitutional ardor or dullness.
2. In accordance with, or authorized by, the constitution of
a state or a society; as, constitutional reforms.
3. Regulated by, dependent on, or secured by, a constitution;
as, constitutional government; constitutional rights.
4. Relating to a constitution, or establishment form of
government; as, a constitutional risis.
The anient constitutional traditions of the state.
5. For the benefit or one's constitution or health; as, a
constitutional walk. [Colloq.]
Constitutional law, law that relates to the constitution,
as a permanent system of political and juridical
government, as distinguished from statutory and common
law, which relate to matters subordinate to such
Questions or comments about this site?