The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for display device
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Display \Dis*play"\, n.
1. An opening or unfolding; exhibition; manifestation.
Having witnessed displays of his power and grace.
2. Ostentatious show; exhibition for effect; parade.
He died, as erring man should die,
Without display, without parade. --Byron.
3. (Electronics) An electronic device on which the output
signal of another electronic device may be presented in a
visual form; -- also called display device. Typically
the display device it is the screen of a cathode-ray tube,
as in a computer monitor, but other forms of visual
display such as LED or liquid crystal devices are also
used. The printed output from a computer or other device
is not considered as a display.
4. (Computers) The output signal from a computer program,
displayed on a display device. The displayed signal may
consist of letters, numbers, or any graphical image.
5. (Biology) a pattern of behavior, such as showing a body
part to another animal, by which one animal conveys
information to another, as for mating or defense.
Questions or comments about this site?