Recent Changes (as of March 2005)
- dict.org does not currently redirect HTTP requests to
This is a temporary but intentional change.
- "dict.org" is the canonical name for the RFC 2229
- "www.dict.org" is the canonical name for the HTTP
- While these machines usually redirect or provide both
this is not currently possible because
of recent hardware changes.
In the near future dict.org
will again redirect HTTP to www.dict.org.
- Several virtual dictionary databases are now available:
- "english" will search english-english dictionaries (default).
- "trans" will search translating dictionaries.
- "all" will search both of the above sets.
- Hardware and software changes have been implemented:
- dict.org has been moved to a new hosting ISP.
- www.dict.org has been returned to our old colo facility.
- test.dict.org has been upgraded and is available
for testing purposes.
- These changes reduce the cost of providing this free service.